- Makes 12 servings
- 1/2 cup salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup Creole spice
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 4 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon black peppercorns
- 1 spring fresh thyme
- 1 onion, halved
- 1 head garlic, halved horizontally
- 12 live jumbo blue crabs
1. Add all the ingredients but the crabs to a large stockpot. Cover with water (about 1 gallon) and bring to a boil.
2. Add half the crabs and turn off the heat. Let steep for 5 minutes.
3. Remove the crabs from the pot and set aside until cool enough to handle.
4. Bring the water back to a boil and repeat steps 2 and 3 with the remaining crabs.5. Serve with boiled corn, potatoes, andouille sausage, and prawns or shrimp (if desired).